Pre-school age children are at a pivotal point in their musical development. Cycle of Season class will help your child discover the wonder of nature around them from life cycle of dandelion or the magical way the wind carries a leaf up and down and all around. In addition to singing, playing instruments, purposeful movement, imaginary play activities, and focused listening, the children are learning the language of music. In each class the children echo a series of tonal and rhythm patterns. These patterns are found in the singing repertoire, and they will be the first patterns the children will learn to read in music notation in the coming Young Musicians classes.
2021-2022 - class not offered this year
At Home set up: To Maximize oral learning in young mind, we recommend the set up
1) Laptop is recommended for class use. Download Zoom.
2) Laptop set up in an appropriate place. You may need to play around with where you will set up your device safely and with maximum visibility for on-line teacher.
3) Optional: external monitor that can connect the device you use for on-line session on such as computer monitor or TV monitor.
Room Set up:
4) Distraction free area where kids can sit on the floor and there is room for movements. Eliminate distraction such as toys, food, snacks or climbing structures. .
5) DYI instruments allowed:
-Things you can shake and make sounds (Rice/ bean shakers)
-Things you can hit (2 wooden and medal spoons)
-Things you can drum (Tub container for drum) .
6) Put all instruments in a basket/ box or bag and keep it out of sight until prompted to get it . Prepare another basket just for the class use.
7)Eliminate or minimize background noises during class time.
7) Full participation from parents will bring on-line music while at home come to live and be more engaging. This on-line music movement session will create memorable experiences as you sing, dance, move and cuddle up with my child. This session can be your time to have fun, bond and enjoy together.
Recommended At Home Instrument Pack: Rhythm Sticks, movement scarf, finger cymbals, Jingles
Recommended at Home Listening Music Packet
Session 1 - 3 Wind Dancers
Session 4-5 Sun Catchers