For class registration, payment must accompany registration for a child's name to be added to a class roster, either all fees in full or a deposit amount per child. Monthly payment option is available.
Monthly Option: During the school year, TUITION is divided into 9 equal payments from September through May. If you wish want to decrease amount of your monthly installments, you can choose to pay 10 equal payments from September through June ( contact me MaiSeto@me.com to arrange that payment plan)
Please make your payment at the first lesson each month. $10.00 late fee is to be added to the payment paid after the 10th of each month.
Electronic Payment options during Covid19 Pandemic: No check is accepted at this time
1) Venmo: @Mai-Seto
2) Zellie: MaiSeto@hotmail.com
The teacher is not obligated or expected to make up lessons missed by the student or parents.
I may accommodate make up in some cases such as student illness or family emergency or other acceptable reasons. I will not make up or prorate any unacceptable reasons such as I forget, too busy, sport practice conflicts, doctor's appointment.
Only lessons missed by me will be rescheduled or prorated.
One month written notice is required for withdrawal during the school year. Tuition will be prorated. Material fee cannot be prorated.
Siblings are always welcome in most classes as long as the teacher can teach. However, parents need to make sure that they will not cause a big disruption around the studio.
During this COVID19 Pandemic, your support at home is essential for your child's on-line learning. Please be sure to assist your child learn to navigate through on-line device.
Preschool/ Young Musician / Group keyboard class parents- Please participate fully in class during family time and have fun with your child. Listen to your digital music or CD at home or in the car and sing along with you child. Please also understand that all children learn at different pace and in different ways. Some children might be quiet and like to observe more while others might be active and engaging.
Private piano parents - Please write practice assignments in a notebook.
Private piano Practice Requirements: work through your entire assignment five or more times every week. Each piece or exercise should be repeated at least 3 times each practice session. Daily improvement is your goal.
To optimize the quality of on-line session, I recommend
1) Laptop (download Zoom) set on one side of the piano keyboard for teacher to see student's hands and for student to be able see the lap top screen clearly without having to turn her neck too much .
2) USB microphone to improve quality of sounds. My recommendations are Blue Snowball USB Microphone, Samson Meteorite USB condenser Microphone or Blue Yeti USB Mic.
3) Good lighting in the room
4) For early intermediate private student, you may want to invest in a document camera for your child to be able to share top view of their hands to teacher.
Zoom setting for music session (available through lap top device only )
1) When in Zoom, go into audio setting ( by click an arrow next to "mute" for a dropdown menu)
2) In Audio Setting, uncheck "Automatically adjust microphone volume" box.
3) Click "Advance" button at the bottom of audio setting page.
4) Check the box "show in-meeting option to enable original sound from microphone"
5) Close the setting page and go back to zoom screen.
6) On the top left hand side of the zoom screen, you should see "Turn on Original Sound"
7) Click " Turn on Original Sound"
Assist Your child:
1) To check if the "Turn on Original Sound" feature is on before class starts.
2) To know how to mute and unmute him/herself
3) To know how to navigate different screen view such as gallery view, speaker view and how to pin a screen in zoom.
Photos of students and video and audio recordings of student projects and performances may be posted online and used by the instructor for promotional and workshop materials. Identifying information will be excluded or limited to first names only. Parents wishing to exempt their students from any published media may do so by providing a written exclusion request.